Sit in a circle and whisper to the player on your left the name of a film, book, show, or song. The player must then step into the circle and mime it for everyone to guess.
Before you start, you indicate the Category of charade it is.
- A film, you do the actions for a movie camera
- A stage show, you draw some curtains
- A book, you open a book
- A song, you hold both hands up to your mouth, as if shouting
- TV show, draw a rectangular TV set
Count the Words
- Count the number of words and first indicate that using your fingers.
- Then indicate which word you are then going to act.
Then you start acting the charade.
A few basic techniques
- To mime a syllable, tap a finger on your arm to show that you are miming the first syllable, two fingers for the second, etc.
- Touch your ear if you want to mime a "sounds like". For example miming a "cat" when they are trying to guess "bat"
- To indicate that you are miming the whole thing rather than a syllable, draw a circle in the air.
- small words are signed by holding the index finger and thumb close together, but not touching.
- "The" is signed by making a "T" sign with the index fingers.
Other Ways to Play
Version 2: Another way to play charades is to split into 2 teams, and take it in turns to come up with a book, play, film or musical. Select one player from the other team, who you tell the name to, and they then have 2 minutes to mime it to their team. Award points for getting it right in 1 minute, 2 minutes and for best acting skills.
Version 3: Or you can pull the charade out of a hat. This is the best way to play for sleepovers.
Get our Free Party Guide!
Pig Out soo doing this <3
Mr and Mrs Quiz ah jaysus that was gr8
Camera Game this is a stupid game all u do is take selfies
Balloon Stick Sounds fun :D
Surprise, Surprise old and boring grow up dude:/
Boy Meets Girl Sounds confusing