Sit in a circle and whisper to the player on your left the name of a film, book, show, or song. The player must then step into the circle and mime it for everyone to guess.
Before you start, you indicate the Category of charade it is.
- A film, you do the actions for a movie camera
- A stage show, you draw some curtains
- A book, you open a book
- A song, you hold both hands up to your mouth, as if shouting
- TV show, draw a rectangular TV set
Count the Words
- Count the number of words and first indicate that using your fingers.
- Then indicate which word you are then going to act.
Then you start acting the charade.
A few basic techniques
- To mime a syllable, tap a finger on your arm to show that you are miming the first syllable, two fingers for the second, etc.
- Touch your ear if you want to mime a "sounds like". For example miming a "cat" when they are trying to guess "bat"
- To indicate that you are miming the whole thing rather than a syllable, draw a circle in the air.
- small words are signed by holding the index finger and thumb close together, but not touching.
- "The" is signed by making a "T" sign with the index fingers.
Other Ways to Play
Version 2: Another way to play charades is to split into 2 teams, and take it in turns to come up with a book, play, film or musical. Select one player from the other team, who you tell the name to, and they then have 2 minutes to mime it to their team. Award points for getting it right in 1 minute, 2 minutes and for best acting skills.
Version 3: Or you can pull the charade out of a hat. This is the best way to play for sleepovers.
Cahoots how do you be in Cahoots though? my aunt WILL. ...
Black Magic My friend was soo annoying about and would make...
Broom Game Dunno....just look it up :D
Murder in the Dark v2 Yes i played with 15
Murder in the Dark v2 Will it work with 2 or 3
Mafia Game nice one, definitely gonna try 8|
Murder in the Dark v2 Yes it works better with seven
21 Jinx SO NOT true some of the dares are sick and amaz...
One Brown Bear Also, My Dad has been saying this since I was a...
Tricky Bear When we played it, we said rikki tikki bear. On...