Great Blue Heron
All you need to play is
- a cardboard box: a cereal box works well
- an open space
Place the box on the floor.
One at a time, each player must approach the box, stand on one foot, bend over, and pick up the box with their mouth.
Allow players as many chances as they want, or you can limit it to one or two chances.
Players who do not succeed in picking up the box are eliminated.
Once all players are done, cut a couple of inches off the top of the box, so it gets shorter.
We usually cut 2-3 inches the first few times, then cut 1-2 inches as the box gets lower.
The last player to be able to pick up the box wins.
1) Only one foot can touch the floor throughout your turn. No other body parts can contact the floor or any other objects in the room.
2) You cannot switch feet during a turn.
3) The foot that is not touching the ground may be rested on other body parts.
4) You may adjust the box (rotate it) or move it slightly before your turn if desired.
5) The two second rule: you need to lift the box for more than 2 seconds.
1) A bobbing approach often works well, but can cause loss of balance.
2) Sticking out your tongue is allowed but the box often slips off before it can be grasped with the lips.
3) When a player fails we usually offer them another chance at the end of that round - right before the box is to be cut. This allows the player to rest before making a second attempt at the same height.
4) Observers should try to protect the player going for the box from crashing into walls, tables, etc. Fragile objects should be cleared from the room.
Black Magic friends were being so annoying and not telling ...
Black Magic I freaked out when my family showed me the game
Scissors So what happens if they don't pass it the right...
Twister Great game
Broom Game You say broom game broom game does anyone know ...
Broom Game Whoever speaks is the victim
Black Magic I know! The object comes after the black object!
Black Magic The “ it” is the object after they say somethin...
Body Search As Max Bygraves once said: "you need hands ... "
Black Magic what's the trick tho?